These insulated concrete formers (ICFs) ensure optimal insulation for walls, floors and roofs of buildings in residential, industrial and commercial construction projects for one to multi-storey buildings.
Isowall produces insulated concrete formers under the Isolite brand with several benefits for the building industry. Here are ten properties that make building with ICFs stand out as an alternative to the traditional brick and mortar construction method.
- Contributes to the building’s strength and durability
- Saves significant building costs in terms of heat, airflow, and fire safety
- Provides energy-efficient construction due to superior insulation
- Eliminates mould, rotting and insect infestations
- Ensures acoustic protection and low sound emissions in the building
- Uses fire-resistant materials for a safer construction
- Minimises any risk of air leakages for improved comfort
- Reduces environmental footprint due to the recyclable EPS foam structure
- Provides a cleaner and cheaper method of construction than traditional alternatives
- Can increase the sales value of a building due to the above properties
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) manufactured by the Isowall Group is fast becoming recognized as the insulation material of choice by specifiers of “Bills of Quantities”. This comes largely as a result of our technical knowledge backed up by years of experience in the building and construction industry.
In conclusion, building with insulated concrete formers saves important labour and operational costs for developers and construction companies, while guaranteeing superior energy-efficiency, thermal and acoustic insulation.
Isowall produces Insulated Concrete Formers under the Isolite brand. We manufacture the following sizes ranging from internal, partition and external walls (L x W x H):
- 1200 x 120 x 300 mm
- 1200 x 150 x 300 mm
- 1200 x 180 x 300 mm
- 1000 x 125 x 250 mm
- 1000 x 250 x 250 mm
Please note that Isowall SA is a manufacturer of ICFs – we do not install. It is imperative that a complete fire safety management approach is taken and that the building system is certified.