A permanent shutter to hold the concrete in place, these expanded Polystyrene (EPS) blocks are used widely in construction. They have no structural value, but is necessary for purchase and is used as thermal insulation and a void filler when pouring concrete slabs. Light weight and easy to install with great thermal properties these Decking Blocks are a necessity for the building process. EPS blocks are a cost effective method of permanent shuttering and recyclable having no negative impact on the environment. Below are seven more benefits of applying Polystyrene (EPS) Decking Blocks.
- Better acoustic and thermal properties, thereby reducing energy consumption which in turn saves money
- EPS is cost effective relative to concrete and cement blocks.
- Easier and quicker to handle and install requiring less propping. This also results in a reduction of the amount of concrete used
- EPS blocks remain as permanent shuttering
- EPS is environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable. We also only use fire retardant material that complies with building regulations.
- Due to the light weight structure of the EPS blocks, less concrete beams would be used as would be the case in a normal insitu building.
- EPS blocks are resistant to vibration, aging and rot and are CFC and HCFC free. As such there are no Ozone depleting elements in EPS.
The Isowall Group has been manufacturing and distributing Isolite Block Moulded EPS since 1985. Isolite Block Moulded EPS products are used primarily for insulation. EPS blocks are cut on order using a variety of machines and delivered to customers with a fleet of Group owned delivery vehicles.
1) 300mm x 545mm x 190mm (pre-packed 4 per bundle = 1200 mm)
2) 900mm x 560mm x 180mm (100% recycled/XG)