Expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam is used to insulate critical components in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC) systems.
EPP has widespread use for a range of applications in thermo-hydraulics which include heating, air-conditioning and waterworks. Think duct and pipe insulation in ventilation systems, water heaters, pumps, filters and motors.
Here are some essential insulating and protective properties of EPP for HVAC applications:
- EPP foam has excellent heat insulation properties. It reduces heat loss and maintains the temperature in popular products like refrigerators, coolers and air ventilation systems. It means less energy is lost within the system.
- Using EPP increases the efficiency of air conditioning and ventilation systems, saving resources and helping to minimise the impact on the environment.
- EPP moulded parts are durable, reliable but highly elastic and flexible. It allows for the easy encasing of valuable system components such as filters, fans, ducts, pumps and pipes, protecting these against mechanical damage.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) manufactured by the Isowall Group is fast becoming recognized as the insulation material of choice by specifiers of “Bills of Quantities”. This comes largely as a result of our technical knowledge backed up by years of experience in the building and construction industry.
- EPP acts as a cost-effective thermal cover or casing where heat exchange is needed, without the requirement of accessories and fasteners. System parts can be fitted easily into the EPP mould and foam indentations, saving significant material costs.
- EPP is highly versatile in its design and applications, successfully housing components in solar heating, refrigerating, cooling, ventilating and air-conditioning systems.
- EPP has a very high strength-to-weight ratio, with exceptional load-bearing quality, reducing weight and volumes. This is an essential quality in wall-mounted air conditioning and ventilation systems.
- EPP foam is energy-saving fully recyclable, contributing to the reduction of environmental footprint while maintaining high thermal insulating performance.
In conclusion, EPP’s characteristics, such as design versatility, elasticity, lightness and strength, are ideal for the thermal insulation and protection of HVAC components.
Isowall manufactures Isolite EPP from the highest quality expanded polypropylene material available for the automotive, packaging and HVAC industries. We have a toolroom to assist with the manufacture of moulds.
Isowall is the supplier of choice within Africa for Insulated Sandwich Panel, EPS and EPP products. Contact us for more information.